Wednesday, 20 August 2014
Monday, 21 July 2014
Short film on Oxfam’s LAND IS LIFE campaign.
Update & planning on coming events.Hoping to have some confirmed dates from Ula (though that is not meant to pressure you, Ula – I know there are a lot of bits to tie together)
- Whether to run a barbecue at the bike day on 31 August.
- Possible collection at Charles St. Coles
- Dates to request for 2015 bookings (barbecues and Button Day)
- Communication in general
Monday, 30 June 2014
Wed. 2nd July & Thursday 3rdmorning – Ula will be about, meeting with Launceston uni group . Also keen to meet other local supporters – time TBA so send me an email or ring 0437 741 677 & I’ll make sure you catch up!
Sat. 5th July in STATE WIDE held in LAUNCESTON. Social Justice workshopAmnesty & local Safe Asylum group on getting this up. You are in for a warm welcome, especially if you come from outside Launceston!!!
Thursday, 12 June 2014
Thursday, 29 May 2014
Thursday, 8 May 2014
Tuesday, 29 April 2014
* Ula will be in the Oxfam Shop in the afternoon around 3pm - do drop in & while you're there, stock up on goodies!
* Ula will also be joining us for a meal at the Royal Oak so drop in at about 6pm. So far, that's 2 of us (Ula & me) Please let me know if you are coming. I've booked a table for 6 and will need to let them know how numbers are looking (as they a performer later in the evening & may get busy).
(As well, Ula is meeting with the uni group Thursday morning.)
FAIR TRADE Sat. 3 May
* Safia Minney- Founder and CEO of People Tree
* Mohammad Ghayasuddin- Saidpur Enterprises Bangladesh
* Molly Harriss Olson- CEO Fairtrade Australia New Zealand
Saturday, 12 April 2014
Thursday, 10 April 2014
Friday, 4 April 2014
LAUNCESTON – Tuesday 8th April 6pm at the Royal Oak Hotel (upstairs).Launceston Oxfam Group Kym Blechynden will talk about her work in global emergencies with Red Cross. If upstairs isn’t your thing, let me know and we will hold this session downstairs. We will finish by 7pm and move downstairs for a meal.
We look like having a chance to meet Ula in Launceston on the 1st or 2nd May.
Also a Fair Trade Fortnight event at the Oxfam Shop, probably 13th May.
From June onwards, our regular meeting date will probably become 4th Tuesday of the month.
One more thing - do drop into the Oxfam shop to buy a raffle ticket, to support the fundraising of the Uni Oxfam Group.
Thursday, 3 April 2014
Thursday, 27 March 2014
Monday, 24 March 2014
at Abbott Hall, 88 Paterson St.
Morning tea and to hear more about Robin De Crespigny's book The People Smuggler.
This event is jointly organised byLaunceston Amnesty International Group and Safe Asylum
Any queries contact Kathryn Louiseon facebook or email@example.com
Saturday, 8 March 2014
Tuesday, 4 March 2014
Brigitte Wolfe will talk about her experiences at Straight Talk 2013, Aboriginal women’s political skills training organised by Oxfam & we will also look at a 6 min film about the Close the Gap campaign.
A question to ponder: for our Button Day collection; we can
· send the donations to Oxfam Australia for them to use according to need (as we have done previously)
Thursday, 20 February 2014
Wednesday, 19 February 2014
Monday, 17 February 2014
Thursday, 13 February 2014
Launceston Oxfam Shop and the local group had a final gathering before the year ended in December to celebrate Oxfam's 60th birthday, coupled with VIP Evening and food tasting for the local members.
There were also a short video clip of "60 Years in 60 Seconds", photo snaps and final meeting session to close off the year.
Many thanks to all Oxfam supporters, volunteers and staff members.
Monday, 10 February 2014
Thursday, 6 February 2014
Public Forum on Constitutional Recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in 3 places on 3 days.
Details at http://www.recognise.org.au/
Saturday 22 Feb. – Penny Farthing Race and Stall at Evandale (Launceston Group). Volunteers needed.