Part 1: “Caught in the cycle of poverty.” Video about the life of a rickshaw driver in Bangladesh) showing his daily struggle to earn enough for his needs). 6 minutes followed by discussion and/or other films in same the collection.
Part 2: Formal meeting (including minutes and planning)
1. Evandale Market stall report (Eric and Sandra)
2. FairTrade Fortnight activities report (Roc)
3. Button Day report (Ros) – Tasmania raised $3092.41 including $264.85 by Don College (to be allocated by students), $1,247.45 in Launceston and $1,844.95 in Hobart. There may still be some to come from Ulverstone High and Launceston College. Thankyou to Pam, Sandra, Ros, Jackie, Mara, James, Pat, Roc, Mara, Jonathan from MyState and students from Scotch Oakburn.
Discussion on the options we have - whether to send funds to Oxfam general funds (for Oxfam to use for whatever is needed immediately) or to select a particular appeal. See attachment.
4. Band night fundraiser planning (James) - booked for Friday 31st August (the last day before uni mid-semester break). We need 10 volunteers to be on duty on the night. James will outline other tasks to be done in preparation for the event.
5. News about Tasmanian and Australian Oxfam activities. (Ros)
6. Group blog & communications (Eric)
7. Plans for July meeting (Tuesday 10th) (all)
8. Other business
9. Announcements including
Bhutan fundraiser 15th June
Amnesty International stall 15 and 16 June and meeting 5th July
Oxfam Trailwalker fundraiser Sat. 23 June
Cambodia fundraiser 29th June
Uni group stall 12 July
Results group meeting July
** Members and non-members are most welcome to attend the meeting at The Royal Oak Hotel (upstairs) at 6PM this evening **